Did you know that Instagram is the fastest growing social media platform worldwide?
Instagram is a fast-moving, beautiful and fun way to share your brand with followers through a series of photos and short videos. Instagram followers are usually fun-loving and creative. They are visually inspired and can be extremely loyal.
It takes a little more effort to interact with someone on Instagram (because Instagram only wants you to use it from a mobile device) – so those who do find and follow you are more likely to be there because your page really resonates with them.
By sharing to multiple social media platforms, you can bring people together from numerous online sources. Instagram easily integrates with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Flickr.
Instagram offers 20 filters and many different apps so that you can make your posts stand out.
USE INSTAGRAM TO:
- Increase Your Visibility Online
- Build Brand Awareness
- See Instant Results in Your Business
Getting started with Instagram
The first step is to figure out “what is your market niche?” What are you an expert at, and how are you different from everyone else who is doing that?
Share your story in a compelling way, use eye-catching photos, and provide value on every single post.
Tips for Setting Up Your Instagram Account
- Optimize your bio … it is the first thing people see. Make sure it attracts your ideal follower.
- Use a photo of yourself on your bio (unless you are a brand).
- You have 150 characters to use in your description. Use them well.
- Use emojis to creatively and strategically help get your message across.
- Change up the URL in your bio to drive traffic wherever you choose.
Using hashtags with Instagram
Hashtags are necessary on Instagram so that people can find you. You can use up to 30 on each post, but 8 – 10 is ideal. Make a list of your top 30 keywords and use them often.
You can even curate content by creating unique hashtags that are specific to your brand.
Once you’ve chosen your niche and built your community, you can draw in others with similar interests with the correct use of hashtags.
Additionally, you can always change your hashtags or add more hashtags to a post whenever you want.
Instagram isn’t just about posting pictures and videos, it’s also about how well you are able to interact with your followers and potential followers. Use images that nudge your followers to interact with it. This is a great place to use your unique hashtag!
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Run a contest: Ask your followers to post pictures of themselves with your products. Give a shoutout or a small prize to those who are able to generate maximum engagement on them.
- Polls: Post a question around a topic that is trending the industry and ask for their ideas.
- Feedback: Here’s something no one told you; Instagram is also a great place to ask for feedback! Post an image or a video asking your followers for their opinions on a product/ service and how they think it could be made better.
Wrapping it up
Everyone, no matter their niche can have fun and attract followers on Instagram. By communicating with those you meet and providing value to them, you can quickly build your own community.
One thing to remember, though: You can’t be everywhere at once. Choose the social media platforms that best suit your business goals and dig in. The bottom line is, Instagram holds a huge potential when it comes to marketing and hence, getting it right is a must.
Tina has found Instagram to be the PERFECT tool to promote, not just products, but also for marketing her online services.
That’s what really sets Tina apart. She’s not just selling concepts and ideas; she’s using Instagram strategies to prove results in her own small business. Tina Falasca KNOWS what she’s talking about.